What should you do if your Salem home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family – against the many risks you may experience, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home might be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Salem home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be jarring, bewildering, and may provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Salem Goes Off
It’s a circumstance nobody wishes to be in, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what is your next move?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency alone and let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and getting them out of harm’s way. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean going to an appointed safe room as far from access points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm may have scared off the intruder, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you ought to exit your residence immediately.
- Remember your smartphone. Nowadays, almost all individuals take their phones with them always, but you could forget to take it during an urgent situation. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Salem goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The protocol they abide by is based on the type of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is dispatched. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the command hub. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort is not successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again once emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with monitoring agents, that’s OK. Assistance will still be deployed even when you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Salem
Stay ready for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Salem from Vivint. Dial (503) 994-1230 to start designing your home’s security today.