Tips to cut down on false alarms in Salem
False alarms are a legitimate problem for your home’s security. Not only can they be a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they can also decrease the confidence you have in your installation. Luckily, you may do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Salem home security system.
To begin, make sure that your devices installed properly. This will probably appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s common that overlooked user errors result in false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on potential causes of false alarms, such as a back door that might be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, you should try to incorporate the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Salem.
Is it really that simple? Read on and see for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Salem could be averted
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Be certain that all devices are set up correctly on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each component to be certain it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to make sure that your alarms aren’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all new smart devices are configured properly and aren't interfering with your system.
Reach out to your customer service agent if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Salem home. They'll be pleased to schedule a trained expert to examine your setup.
Inspect your entry points
In the event your installation seems to be installed properly, the next measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or do you find some mistakenly open? If an entrance remains open, it could activate a sensor. In the event your family constantly forgets to secure an entrance, you could install a smart locking system that automatically locks when the alarm goes live. Sadly, windows need more manual maintenance, especially if you have a loved one who enjoys to fall asleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while still guarding the remainder of the residence.
Automation tends to be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Salem
One of the most effective methods to minimize the chance of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlatching a door or window. Then have it reactivate automatically again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage as your smart lock is triggered with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system as you leave the property, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile alerts when your components detect abnormal motion or need a battery change.
- Link your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you may turn your system on or off without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Salem by switching to a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of command over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, call (503) 994-1230 or send in the following form.