Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Salem smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in full charge of your Salem home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Salem do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can execute:
- Review live or recorded footage from your connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Salem by setting schedules or establishing rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will post a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window will cue you to act. Note that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Salem
Although various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the details to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, press users, select the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Salem smart home. Call (503) 994-1230 to get started.