Will your smart home be hacked in Salem? The simple response is ”not likely”. A smart home plan from a tech-savvy installer like Vivint incorporates advanced encryption and cyber-security measures to keep your system safe. Only a few advanced online offenders with a lot of time and patience will succeed. Wrongdoers typically look for less secure networks and a home security system won’t be on an experienced criminal’s attack plan.
The manner in which Vivint safeguards you from smart home hackers in Salem
Vivint makes installing your residential security and home automation devices simple through the use of convenient wireless networks. Consequently, the absence of wiring could cause a bit more apprehension about cyber-security. Thankfully, Vivint components have powerful protections that will block hackers. The ensuing are just a few ways Vivint deters criminal activity:
● High-level encryption standards: Theoretically, 1024-bit encryption could be circumvented, but it would need an abundance of time and effort to bypass. Most hackers wouldn’t allocate the time, energy, and money to take on this level of encryption.
● Disguise your IP address:You can’t hack what you can’t find. Vivint takes steps to keep your smart home private by disguising internet addresses to outsiders.
● Frequent updates: Your security system should strive to be one step ahead of the hackers by frequently releasing software and firmware updates.
Additional methods to help protect your Salem smart home from becoming hacked
While Vivint gives you innovative components that have effective security measures, your own daily practices are vitally important in keeping your smart home secure.
● Use secure passwords: Be certain to implement a strong password for your router and mobile security app. An arbitrary selection of characters are better than going with something personal like a birthday or child’s name. Longer is always better. You also should plan to change your passwords per a set schedule.
● Don’t share passwords: You need to keep your security app and Wi-Fi passwords protected. In the event you have to supply a guest a PIN for your smart locking system, create a a limited time access code. Your neighbors or friends will be allowed to check up on your residence as needed, and later they won’t be able to enter once the code becomes invalid.
● Check your settings regularly: You might be the one to recognize a problem with your home’s security. If you sense something unusual, investigate your smart home setup through your your smart hub or mobile app. If your settings are different, immediately change your passwords.
Get your secure smart home today from Vivint!
The most effective measure to keep your smart home safe and secure is to choose a company like Vivint. Our components have enhanced cyber criminal deterrents that cause them to be hard and time consuming to hack. Just call (503) 994-1230 or submit our form on this page to speak with our Vivint experts and configure your secure smart home.